Are your users getting too many notifications (Email, Push, In-App) from Dynamics 365 / Power Apps… Do you want to provide your users, the flexibility to decide which notifications they need and in what type? e.g. Wouldn’t company announcements (which are important notifications) be better provided as a “Push Notification” rather then “In-App”.
Let’s see how Zap Notifications Generator App can help!
Zap Notifications Generator App allows bulk generation of Notifications: onDemand, based on Triggers Or based on Recurring pattern (Notification Types: In-App + Push + Form + Email)!
Out-of-the box… there is no way for Users to select which notifications they would like to see and in which form! However when using Zap Notifications Generator App… users can easily select which all notifications they would like to see…further they can also select the notification type (e.g In-App or Push or Email)!
As can be seen from screenshot above… each user can easily switch on / off the notifications.
Further, if an admin deems certain notifications to be mandatory… then those can be configured too… and user will not get the option to switch those off.
Below are some of the cool aspects of using Zap Notifications Generator App:
1. Generating Notifications in bulk: For example if you want to send company announcements then all you got to do is select the needed notification types (In-App, Push, Email)… add the message, select the users or teams…that’s it and automatically the notifications would be generated.
2 You can personalize the notifications very easily – no need to worry about creating complex JSON data.
Zap Notifications Generator App comes with a “Token Generator”… Here you can select the fields that need to be inserted within the text… and automatically the needed token is generated and added to the text!
3. Centralized administration of notifications: You may have multiple workflows / power flows in system .. some may be used for generating email notifications… some for In-App… some for Push…etc…
If a need arises to disable some of these… then there may be lots of places to look for.
When using Zap Notifications Generator App…you could easily switch on/off these notifications from a single centralized location. This way its easier for the admin to manage these.
This blog is part of our series “Introducing Zap Notifications Generator App for Dynamics 365 Sales, Customer Service & Power Apps”.
Below are links for all blogs in this series:
Blog 1: Generate In-App Notifications in Bulk for multiple users / teams (link)
Blog 2: Some common user-scenarios for using In-App Notifications (link)
Blog 3: Generate In-App Notifications automatically as per Recurring Schedule (link)
Blog 4: How to insert record field values within the In-App Notification message (link)
Blog 5: How to generate In-App Notification from Power Automate / Flow (link)
Blog 6: Sending out In-App Notification when User is tagged or mentioned in Timeline (link)
Blog 7: Display an Inline Notification (e.g. Account is on Credit Hold) in Case Form if a flag has been checked in related Customer record (link)
Blog 8: How to alert Users with important information about Customer – on form-opening (link)
Blog 9: Generate Push Notifications – New feature released Oct 23 (link)
Blog 10: Allow users to Switch On/Off the notifications (link)
For more information regarding Zap In-App Notifications Generator App or to take trial, refer: https://zapobjects.com/apps/zap-notifications/
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
To view all Zap Apps, check-out: https://zapobjects.com/
Zap Recent Updates (Oct 2023)
2. New Version Released: Zap Report Scheduler App (v 18.104.22.168): Now automatically share the generated report download link to Teams channel. For details, refer blog: Automate the generation of Report and shared to Teams channel when using Zap Report Scheduler App (link)
3. New Version Released: Zap Email Parser App (v 22.214.171.124): Support for creating multiple parsing rules for same field. Example: Email address from within email body could be extracted by searching for labels: “Email:”, “Email Address:”, “E-Mail:” etc. Now you can create multiple parsing rules for same destination field.
4. New Version Released: Zap Helpdesk App (v126.96.36.199) :A super major version of Zap Helpdesk has now been released. Some of the new features are: Case History, Email Reply – with ability to include full email and portal history in all new responses to customer, dedicated notifications module with all standard set of notifications built-in, Email Commands, and many more!
5. New Version Released: Zap Calendar Pro (Team Calendar + Map Any Entity Data to Calendar): Now display activities in Team Calendar – color-coded by Owner. (earlier you could display activities color-coded only by activity type)
6. New Version Released: Zap Time Entry App (Track Time against Cases): Track and log time spent by support agents on cases directly from Case form (either using built in Timer functionality or manually add Start & End Times or duration)! The latest version provides automatic calculation of “Extended Price” based on Hourly/staff rates that have been configured in Contract.
7. Completely Revamped: Zap Attachment Viewer (with drag-and-drop): This release doubles the features available earlier!!! Some of them are Improved UI, gallery view, drag-and-drop, rename file names, delete attachments, attach to email, view attachments from related records etc.