Recently we came across below requirement from our Customer:
Display an inline notification in Case form “Customer is on Credit Hold. Please contact Account Manager before proceeding” if the related Customer record has “Credit Hold” field checked.
This is a very common requirement where the Dynamics 365 user needs to be informed about an important information when working with a specific related record (eg an opportunity / case) for a particular customer.
This can be easily achieved using Zap In-App Notifications Generator App.
Zap In-App Notifications Generator App allows bulk generation of In-App Notifications (Bell Notifications): onDemand, based on Triggers Or based on Recurring pattern + Form Notifications + Email Notifications!
This blog explains the various steps involved in configuring Zap Notifications App to achieve this requirement:
Step 1: Create a View for “Case” Entity which has a filter for related Account Entity
e.g. filter: Customer (Account) – Credit Hold “Equals” Yes
So, this view will only return Cases whose Case.Customer has “Credit Hold” “Equals” Yes.
Step 2: Configure a conditional form notification for Case entity
Browse to Zap In-App Notifications App and create a new “Conditional Form Notification”.
In tab “General”: Select entity as “Case”, view as the one which we created in Step 1. (as shown in screenshot below)
In tab “Message”: Configure the message (as shown in screenshot below).
Once done, publish this configuration.
Now whenever a support agent or any user opens a Case record whose Customer is on Credit-Hold then automatically an inline message will be shown “Customer is on Credit Hold…”
This blog is part of our series “Introducing Zap Notifications Generator App for Dynamics 365 Sales, Customer Service & Power Apps”.
Below are links for all blogs in this series:
Blog 1: Generate In-App Notifications in Bulk for multiple users / teams (link)
Blog 2: Some common user-scenarios for using In-App Notifications (link)
Blog 3: Generate In-App Notifications automatically as per Recurring Schedule (link)
Blog 4: How to insert record field values within the In-App Notification message (link)
Blog 5: How to generate In-App Notification from Power Automate / Flow (link)
Zap Recent Updates (Sep 2022)
1. New App Released: Zap Case Time Entry App: Track and log time spent by support agents on cases directly from Case form (either using built in Timer functionality or manually add Start & End Times or duration)!
The next version which will have timesheet management functionality will be released in Aug 2022!
2. New Version Released: Zap Helpdesk App (v184.108.40.206) :A super major version of Zap Helpdesk has now been released. Some of the new features are: Case History, Email Reply – with ability to include full email and portal history in all new responses to customer, dedicated notifications module with all standard set of notifications built-in, Email Commands, and many more!
3. New Version Released: Zap Report / View Scheduler App (v 220.127.116.11):
1. When scheduling Excel or Word Template…user can now select even “Shared” personal excel template and “Shared” personal View
2. Automatic Retry for Report Generation using “Schedule Report” option: If due to any reason (eg report server busy), report generation fails… then we provide the option to retry report execution again after 1 minute… and then again if it fails then after 10 minutes. This retry mechanism would guarantee 99.99% delivery.