Microsoft released In-App Notification feature as part of Release Wave 2 – 2021.
This feature allows the configuration of In-App notifications that pops out for users in the notification center while working in their model driven web apps.
Zap Notifications Generator App allows bulk generation of In-App Notifications (Bell Notifications): onDemand, based on Triggers Or based on Recurring pattern + Form Notifications + Email Notifications!
Let’s see some of the common use-cases for In-App Notifications along with the corresponding functionality within Zap Notifications Generator App which could be used.
Use Case 1: Company Announcements like Scheduled Network Down-time
You can use “General Notifications” (within Zap Notifications Generator App) functionality to generate such one-time notifications for selected users/teams!
Use Case 2: Notifying User on Lead / Case Assignment (using Power Automate)
Here you can use “Triggered Notifications” functionality to generate notification which will trigger automatically on Lead/Case assignment.
This trigger can be initiated from Power Automate OR Workflow!
Use Case 3: Notifying User when they are tagged / mentioned in a Post in Timeline of Lead / Account / Opportunity / Case or any entity.
This feature was released in Dec 22 build. For more details, refer blog: Sending out In-App Notification when User is tagged or mentioned in Timeline (link)
Use Case 3: Timesheet Reminder Notification every Friday.
Here you can use “Recurring Notifications” functionality to create a Recurring pattern which would automatically generate a timesheet reminder notification every Friday.
Use Case 4: Opportunity Follow-up reminder to Users whose opportunity is nearing Est. Close Date
Here too you can use “Recurring Notifications” functionality to create a Recurring pattern + Select the “View” of Opportunities with filter like: Opportunity whose Est. Close Date in next 7 days… which would automatically run as per the recurring pattern and generate notifications!
This blog is part of our series “Introducing Zap Notifications Generator App for Dynamics 365 Sales, Customer Service & Power Apps”.
Below are links for all blogs in this series:
Blog 1: Enable/Disable In-App Notifications feature (link)
Blog 2: Generate In-App Notifications in Bulk for multiple users / teams (link)
Blog 3: Some common user-scenarios for using In-App Notifications (link)
Blog 4: Generate In-App Notifications automatically as per Recurring Schedule (link)
Blog 5: How to insert record field values within the In-App Notification message (link)
Blog 6: How to generate In-App Notification from Power Automate / Flow (link)
Zap Recent Updates (Nov 2021)
1. New App Released: Zap Notifications Generator App has been released. This App uses the new Dynamics 365 In-App Notifications feature that was released as part of Release Wave 2, 2021. (Please note that On-Premise users who do not have this Wave 2 feature can also use our Notifications App!)
This App will also be part of Zap All-in-One package!
2. New Version Released: Zap Report Scheduler App (v 220.127.116.11):
Now use Power Automate to Export Report to Excel / PDF documents!
3. New App Released: Zap Audit User Actions App: Boost User Adoption by Easily tracking User Logins and Actions (Create / Update / Delete / Qualify / Opp Won/ Case Resolved / Task Completed etc)! This App will also be part of Zap All-in-One Subscription!
4. Next Major version of Zap Helpdesk App will be released in Dec 21… there are tons of new features being added!!
5. New Version Released: Zap Email Parser App (v 18.104.22.168):
1. Ability to define a configuration as default configuration. So if none of the filter conditions match then you can have this default configuration executed.
2. Added support for Dynamic date values when creating parsing rules (e.g. automatically populating current date or current date + X days)