Zap Notifications Generator App can generate:
- Push Notifications (New feature released – Oct 2023)
- Email Notifications
- In-App (Bell as well as Form) Notifications
Let’s first get the terminology correct! Below shows the different notification types:
Explanation of In-App (Bell and Form) Notifications:
Bell Notifications are displayed in top-right corner when bell icon is clicked.
Below screenshot shows some sample Bell Notifications:
There are 3 types of Bell Notifications:
1. Trigger Bell Notification: This type of notification can be triggered when a specific event occurs: eg Notify the user when case/lead is assigned; Notify the user when they are mentioned in a post.
2. General Bell Notification (One-Time): These are like Announcements which can be added manually or through a workflow and are not based on any condition or trigger…!
Eg if Admin wants to create a one-time notification regarding planned system down-time then can create a general notification!
3. Recurring Bell Notification: These notifications are generated periodically based on the filtered query (View or Fetch XML) that you setup. For example if you select filtered query as “Opportunities which are approaching Est. Close date” and recurrence pattern as “Weekly” then every week the query would run and generate notifications for the matching opportunity records. The users (Opportunity Owner’s) would see the notification with the Opportunity details and could be reminded to follow-up… Thus making them pro-active and productive! Another example of Recurring Bell Notification could be a reminder notification every Friday to all users to submit their timesheet!
Form Notifications are usually displayed on the form when user opens a record!
There are 2 types of Form Notifications :
1. Fixed Form Notification: This type of Notification can be added to any Dynamics 365 record and shows up when the record form is opened. These are static in nature.
E.g Displaying a message “The account is on credit-hold. Please contact finance team for more info.”
2. Conditional Form Notification: This type of Notification can also show up when a Dynamics 365 record form is opened. The only difference in comparison to fixed Notification is that… these are dynamic in nature… Here you specify conditions and only if the condition matches the record being opened will the Notification be shown!
E.g. Show on-going discounts for all open opportunity records with Estimated Revenue greater than $5000 during the sale period!
Explanation of Push Notifications:
Push Notifications allow you to send instant messages directly to User’s Mobile. Please note that the user needs to have Power-Apps App installed in their mobile. This functionality has just been released (Oct 23):