Zap In-App Notifications Generator solution uses the built-in In-App Notification feature which was released by Microsoft as part of Release Wave 2 – 2021. (For Online/On-Premise Customers who do not have Release Wave 2 – 2021 applied… request our support team for a separate build)
This solution can generate In-App Notifications as well as Email Notifications in-bulk. Additionally it can generate form notifications, pop-up notifications and has several other features.
Before proceeding further, first lets get the terminologies correct:
Bell Notifications are displayed in top-right corner when bell icon is clicked. You can setup and control which notifications you get.
There are 3 types of Bell Notifications:
1. Trigger Bell Notification: This type of notification can be triggered when a specific event occurs: eg Notify the user when case/lead is assigned.
2. General Bell Notification (One-Time): These are like Announcements which can be added manually or through a workflow and are not based on any condition or trigger…!
Eg if Admin wants to create a one-time notification regarding planned system down-time then can create a general notification!
3. Recurring Bell Notification: These notifications are generated periodically based on the filtered query (View or Fetch XML) that you setup. For example if you select filtered query as “Opportunities which are approaching Est. Close date” and recurrence pattern as “Weekly” then every week the query would run and generate notifications for the matching opportunity records. The users (Opportunity Owner’s) would see the notification with the Opportunity details and could be reminded to follow-up… Thus making them pro-active and productive!
Another example of Recurring Bell Notification could be a reminder notification every Friday to all users to submit their timesheet!
Form Notifications are usually displayed on the form when user opens a record!
There are 2 types of Form Notifications :
1. Fixed Form Notification: This type of Notification can be added to any Dynamics 365 record and shows up when the record form is opened. These are static in nature.
E.g Displaying a message “The account is on credit-hold. Please contact finance team for more info.”
2. Conditional Form Notification: This type of Notification can also show up when a Dynamics 365 record form is opened. The only difference in comparison to fixed Notification is that… these are dynamic in nature… Here you specify conditions and only if the condition matches the record being opened will the Notification be shown!
E.g. Show on-going discounts for all open opportunity records with Estimated Revenue greater than $5000 during the sale period!