Zap Notifications Generator App allows bulk generation of Notifications: onDemand, based on Triggers Or based on Recurring pattern (Notification Types: In-App + Form + Email)!
We are happy to let you know that in the latest version (Released: Oct 2023) of Zap Notifications Generator App, we can generate even Push Notifications!
Push Notifications allow you to send instant messages directly to User’s Mobile. Please note that the user needs to have Power-Apps App installed in their mobile.
Below are some of the use-cases for Zap Notifications App:
Use-Case 1: Sending a general notification like details regarding a planned Network Downtime to all users.
Use-Case 2: Sending a trigger notification like case details when a case is assigned to a user.
Use-Case 3: Sending a recurring notification like: reminder to submit a timesheet every Friday @9 AM. or follow-up reminder for any opportunity that is nearing Estimated Close date.
In this blog, we will show how to configure Zap Notifications Generator App to generate Push Notification for sending a general notification to all users!
Step 1 : Open Zap Notifications Generator App and create a new “General Notification” record
Step 2: Open tab “Push Notification”: Here add the message that needs to go in push notification, the app that needs to open up when the message is clicked.
Step 3: Open tab Users (Users to Include, Users to Exclude, Teams to Include) and select the users to whom the push notification needs to go.
Step 4: Click “Publish Button”. This will generate the push notification in background for selected users/teams.
Thus we can see that how easy it is to generate bulk push notifications using Zap Notifications Generator App.
Besides, each user can also configure which all notifications they would like to have / have-not.
This blog is part of our series “Introducing Zap Notifications Generator App for Dynamics 365 Sales, Customer Service & Power Apps”.
Below are links for all blogs in this series:
Blog 1: Generate In-App Notifications in Bulk for multiple users / teams (link)
Blog 2: Some common user-scenarios for using In-App Notifications (link)
Blog 3: Generate In-App Notifications automatically as per Recurring Schedule (link)
Blog 4: How to insert record field values within the In-App Notification message (link)
Blog 5: How to generate In-App Notification from Power Automate / Flow (link)
Blog 6: Sending out In-App Notification when User is tagged or mentioned in Timeline (link)
Blog 7: Display an Inline Notification (e.g. Account is on Credit Hold) in Case Form if a flag has been checked in related Customer record (link)
Blog 8: How to alert Users with important information about Customer – on form-opening (link)
Blog 9: Generate Push Notifications – New feature released Oct 23 (link)
For more information regarding Zap In-App Notifications Generator App or to take trial, refer: https://zapobjects.com/apps/zap-notifications/
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
To view all Zap Apps, check-out: https://zapobjects.com/
Zap Recent Updates (Oct 2023)
2. New Version Released: Zap Report Scheduler App (v 188.8.131.52): Now automatically share the generated report download link to Teams channel. For details, refer blog: Automate the generation of Report and shared to Teams channel when using Zap Report Scheduler App (link)
3. New Version Released: Zap Helpdesk App (v184.108.40.206) :A super major version of Zap Helpdesk has now been released. Some of the new features are: Case History, Email Reply – with ability to include full email and portal history in all new responses to customer, dedicated notifications module with all standard set of notifications built-in, Email Commands, and many more!
4. New Version Released: Zap Calendar Pro (Team Calendar + Map Any Entity Data to Calendar): Now display activities in Team Calendar – color-coded by Owner. (earlier you could display activities color-coded only by activity type)
5. New Version Released: Zap Time Entry App (Track Time against Cases): Track and log time spent by support agents on cases directly from Case form (either using built in Timer functionality or manually add Start & End Times or duration)! The latest version provides automatic calculation of “Extended Price” based on Hourly/staff rates that have been configured in Contract.
6. Completely Revamped: Zap Attachment Viewer (with drag-and-drop): This release doubles the features available earlier!!! Some of them are Improved UI, gallery view, drag-and-drop, rename file names, delete attachments, attach to email, view attachments from related records etc.