Microsoft released In-App Notification feature as part of Release Wave 2 – 2021.
Zap Notifications Generator App allows bulk generation of In-App Notifications (Bell Notifications): onDemand, based on Triggers Or based on Recurring pattern + Form Notifications + Email Notifications!
In this blog, we will go through the steps needed for scheduling notifications for multiple users based on a scheduled recurring pattern!
Use-Case: Notify Opportunity owners to follow-up their Open Opportunities when Est. Close date in next X days
Step 1: Create a View: Open Opportunities having Est. Close date in next 7 days
This is easy and self-explanatory!
Step 2: Open Zap Notifications Generator App and browse to “Recurring Notification” form and click New:
Here fill-in the various Notifications settings like: Icon Type, Toast Type, Priority, Expiry Time (as shown in screenshot above). Also select “Opportunity” and View “Open Opportunities Nearing Est. Close Date” which was created in Step 1.
Step 3: Create the In-App Notification Message
Here you can insert the opportunity field values within the message text by using Tokens. Also the link to current opportunity record has been added in Action 1. (further, you could also add link to the Opportunity.Account record in Action 2 if needed)
Step 4: Create the Recurring Schedule
Step 5: Select the Users to Include, Users to Exclude, Teams to Include
Here since we need to notify the opportunity owner… we select the “Owner” field under “Dynamic Users” tab!
Once above fields have been filled-in… Next Save the record and Click “Publish”!
Now this recurring configuration… would be executed as per the recurrence schedule that was created.
Users would receive an In-App Notification message whenever their opportunity Est. Close Date is nearing… as shown in screenshot below:
This blog is part of our series “Introducing Zap Notifications Generator App for Dynamics 365 Sales, Customer Service & Power Apps”.
Below are links for all blogs in this series:
Blog 1: Enable/Disable In-App Notifications feature (link)
Blog 2: Generate In-App Notifications in Bulk for multiple users / teams (link)
Blog 3: Some common user-scenarios for using In-App Notifications (link)
Blog 4: Generate In-App Notifications automatically as per Recurring Schedule (link)
Blog 5: How to insert record field values within the In-App Notification message (link)
Blog 6: How to generate In-App Notification from Power Automate / Flow (link)
Zap Recent Updates (Nov 2021)
1. New App Released: Zap Notifications Generator App has been released. This App uses the new Dynamics 365 In-App Notifications feature that was released as part of Release Wave 2, 2021. (Please note that On-Premise users who do not have this Wave 2 feature can also use our Notifications App!)
This App will also be part of Zap All-in-One package!
2. New Version Released: Zap Report Scheduler App (v 126.96.36.199):
Now use Power Automate to Export Report to Excel / PDF documents!
3. New App Released: Zap Audit User Actions App: Boost User Adoption by Easily tracking User Logins and Actions (Create / Update / Delete / Qualify / Opp Won/ Case Resolved / Task Completed etc)! This App will also be part of Zap All-in-One Subscription!
4. Next Major version of Zap Helpdesk App will be released in Dec 21… there are tons of new features being added!!
5. New Version Released: Zap Email Parser App (v 188.8.131.52):
1. Ability to define a configuration as default configuration. So if none of the filter conditions match then you can have this default configuration executed.
2. Added support for Dynamic date values when creating parsing rules (e.g. automatically populating current date or current date + X days)