There are a number of use-cases where you may need to alert your Sales / Support users with some important information about the Customer.
Few examples below:
Message: “Always address the Customer as Doctor” when an agent opens a specific Contact form and is possibly going to give them a call!
Message: “This Account is on Credit-Hold” when a Support User is accessing a Case // pls note that this message is based on specific value in linked entity
Message: “Discuss about the New Product Launch with the Customer” when a Sales team member is opening a specific Account record.
This blog will show how we can configure these notifications using Zap Notifications App. (please note that these notifications can be shown inline OR in pop-up based on configuration)
Screenshot 1: This screenshot shows an inline notification being shown when a user opens a contact form:
Zap Notifications App allows bulk generation of In-App Notifications: onDemand, based on Triggers Or based on Recurring pattern + Form Notifications + Email Notifications!
Now let’s go through the steps needed to configure a notification “Always address the Customer as Doctor” when the user is opening a specific contact record:
Step 1: Open the specific contact record.
Step 2: Go to related section and open “Zap NO Form Notifications”
Step 3: Create a new record. Provide a user-friendly name and in Message field… add text “Always address the Customer as Doctor”.
Step 4: Click “Publish” button.
Screenshot 2: This screenshot shows how to configure a notification for a specific contact record.
Now whenever any user opens this specific contact record… they will receive an inline message (as shown in screenshot 1).
For configuring a conditional notification (e.g notification on Case form based on value in Account record), refer our other blog: Display an Inline Notification (e.g. Account is on Credit Hold) in Case Form if a flag has been checked in related Customer record (link)
This blog is part of our series “Introducing Zap Notifications Generator App for Dynamics 365 Sales, Customer Service & Power Apps”.
Below are links for all blogs in this series:
Blog 1: Generate In-App Notifications in Bulk for multiple users / teams (link)
Blog 2: Some common user-scenarios for using In-App Notifications (link)
Blog 3: Generate In-App Notifications automatically as per Recurring Schedule (link)
Blog 4: How to insert record field values within the In-App Notification message (link)
Blog 5: How to generate In-App Notification from Power Automate / Flow (link)
Blog 6: Sending out In-App Notification when User is tagged or mentioned in Timeline (link)
Blog 7: Display an Inline Notification (e.g. Account is on Credit Hold) in Case Form if a flag has been checked in related Customer record (link)
Blog 8: How to alert Users with important information about Customer – on form-opening (link)
For more information regarding Zap In-App Notifications Generator App or to take trial, refer: https://zapobjects.com/apps/zap-notifications/
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
To view all Zap Apps, check-out: https://zapobjects.com/
Zap Recent Updates (Jul 2023)
1. New Version Released: Zap Calendar Pro (Team Calendar + Map Any Entity Data to Calendar): Now display activities in Team Calendar – color-coded by Owner. (earlier you could display activities color-coded only by activity type)
2. New Version Released: Zap Time Entry App (Track Time against Cases): Track and log time spent by support agents on cases directly from Case form (either using built in Timer functionality or manually add Start & End Times or duration)! The latest version provides automatic calculation of “Extended Price” based on Hourly/staff rates that have been configured in Contract.
5. New Version Released: Zap Report Scheduler App (v 220.127.116.11): Now automatically share the generated report download link to Teams channel. For details, refer blog: Automate the generation of Report and shared to Teams channel when using Zap Report Scheduler App (link)
6. New Version Released: Zap Helpdesk App (v18.104.22.168) :A super major version of Zap Helpdesk has now been released. Some of the new features are: Case History, Email Reply – with ability to include full email and portal history in all new responses to customer, dedicated notifications module with all standard set of notifications built-in, Email Commands, and many more!
7. Completely Revamped: Zap Attachment Viewer (with drag-and-drop): This release doubles the features available earlier!!! Some of them are Improved UI, gallery view, drag-and-drop, rename file names, delete attachments, attach to email, view attachments from related records etc.