Duplicating of record is one of those nifty features that doesn’t exist in PowerApps / Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales / Customer Service out-of-the-box.
Using Zap Copy Record App you can copy, clone or duplicate records in single click!
Recently we had a very specific requirement from Customer for copying not only parent record but also all of its related child records (up to 5 levels down)!
In this blog, we will go through the steps to configure Copying of not only parent record but also child records.
Let’s consider an example requirement:
To copy parent Account record, along with child Contact records, along with grand-child Opportunity records, along with great grand-child Opportunity Product records.
Account ==> Contact ==> Opportunity ==> Opportunity Product
Step 1: Open Zap Copy Record App…and create Zap_CR_Configuration record – for Account entity (as shown below)
[a] Select 1..N Relationship with Contact record
[b] Enable “Deep Copy” as shown below:
Step 2: Create configuration for Contact entity and select 1..N relationship with Opportunity entity
Step 3: Create configuration for Opportunity entity and select 1..N relationship with Opportunity products entity. (this configuration record automatically gets created with sample data when Zap Copy Record App license is activated)
Now browse to Account entity grid… select the account record that needs to be copied… and click the “Copy” button available in ribbon…
This will immediately create a copy of this account record… which will also have the copy of child contacts…grand-child opportunity…and great grand-child opportunity products!!!
For more details, check out Zap Copy Record App features page.
To view all Dynamics 365 apps, check-out our homepage: https://zapobjects.com/
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to schedule a demo!
Zap Recent Updates (Aug 2022)
1. New App Released: Zap Case Time Entry App: Track and log time spent by support agents on cases directly from Case form (either using built in Timer functionality or manually add Start & End Times or duration)!
The next version which will have timesheet management functionality will be released in Aug 2022!
2. New Version Released: Zap Helpdesk App (v220.127.116.11) :A super major version of Zap Helpdesk has now been released. Some of the new features are: Case History, Email Reply – with ability to include full email and portal history in all new responses to customer, dedicated notifications module with all standard set of notifications built-in, Email Commands, and many more!
3. New Version Released: Zap Report Scheduler App (v 18.104.22.168):
1. When scheduling Excel or Word Template…user can now select even “Shared” personal excel template and “Shared” personal View
2. Automatic Retry for Report Generation using “Schedule Report” option: If due to any reason (eg report server busy), report generation fails… then we provide the option to retry report execution again after 1 minute… and then again if it fails then after 10 minutes. This retry mechanism would guarantee 99.99% delivery.