Duplicating of record is one of those nifty features that doesn’t exist in PowerApps / Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales / Customer Service out-of-the-box. Using Zap Copy Record App you can Copy, Clone or Duplicate Records in single click!
In the latest release (Nov 23) of Zap Copy Record App, we have added a new functionality called as “Copy Recurrence“. This allows you to COPY/CLONE any record based on a defined recurrence pattern.
In this blog, we will show you how to configure a Power Automate Flow / Workflow to CLONE a record after a FIXED period.
We will be considering the below 2 use-cases:
Renewal Opportunity: You have sold an annual contract — at the point of winning the first sale, you already know there is an opportunity to renew the contract in a year’s time. Why not have Dynamics automatically create a CLONE of this existing opportunity in 11 months… (renewal is in 12 months… but better to have this opportunity be cloned 30 days before)
Follow-Up Opportunity: You’ve been working on an Opportunity and you find out they have chosen a competitor this time around. As you archive (lose) that Opportunity, you want to clone it – in 3 months and for the new one to be in your pipeline to work on to try to win it next time.
We provide 2 approaches to CLONE record (after fixed time interval) when using the workflow:
Approach 1: Add a waiting period in the Workflow and then call our custom “Copy” step:
Approach 2: No need to add any waiting period in the workflow… directly call our custom “Copy Recurrence” step and provide the date when it is supposed to CLONE:
Below are the steps for configuring a Power Automate Flow to achieve the above use-case:
Thus we can see how easily we can automate the CLONING process using Workflow or Power Automate Flow when using Zap Copy Record App.
This blog is part of our series “Introducing Zap Copy Record App for Dynamics 365 Sales, Customer Service & Power Apps”.
Below are links for all blogs in this series:
Blog 1: How to Copy / Clone / Duplicate Records and its child records (up to N levels) in just 1-Click (link)
Blog 2: Bulk Clone Records in 1-Click (link)
Blog 3: Now Create Opportunity From Case – using Zap Copy Record App (link)
Blog 4: Clone\Copy Contact to create a Lead in 1-Click (link)
Blog 5: Clone\Copy Field Service – Work Orders in 1-Click (link)
Blog 6: Would you like to create a “Recurring Opportunity” (link)
Blog 7: How to create “Recurring Maintenance Cases”? (link)
Blog 8: Use Power Automate Flow / Workflow to create a Follow-up/Renewal Opportunity by cloning an existing opportunity – based on whether it was Won or Lost (link)
For more information regarding Zap Copy Record App or to take trial, refer: https://zapobjects.com/apps/zap-copy-record/
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
To view all Zap Apps, check-out: https://zapobjects.com/
Zap Recent Updates (Nov 2023)
1. New Version Released: Zap Copy Record App (v 18.104.22.168):
– Now CLONE Field Service – Work Orders in 1 Click (link)
– Now schedule a record to be CLONED at a later date e.g. creating recurring opportunities; creating recurring maintenance cases (link)
2. New Version Released: Zap Report Scheduler App (v 22.214.171.124): Now automatically share the generated report download link to Teams channel. For details, refer blog: Automate the generation of Report and shared to Teams channel when using Zap Report Scheduler App (link)
3. New Version Released: Zap Email Parser App (v 126.96.36.199): Support for creating multiple parsing rules for same field. Example: Email address from within email body could be extracted by searching for labels: “Email:”, “Email Address:”, “E-Mail:” etc. Now you can create multiple parsing rules for same destination field.
4. New Version Released: Zap Helpdesk App (v188.8.131.52) :A super major version of Zap Helpdesk has now been released. Some of the new features are: Case History, Email Reply – with ability to include full email and portal history in all new responses to customer, dedicated notifications module with all standard set of notifications built-in, Email Commands, and many more!
5. New Version Released: Zap Calendar Pro (Team Calendar + Map Any Entity Data to Calendar): Now display activities in Team Calendar – color-coded by Owner. (earlier you could display activities color-coded only by activity type)
6. New Version Released: Zap Time Entry App (Track Time against Cases): Track and log time spent by support agents on cases directly from Case form (either using built in Timer functionality or manually add Start & End Times or duration)! The latest version provides automatic calculation of “Extended Price” based on Hourly/staff rates that have been configured in Contract.
7. Completely Revamped: Zap Attachment Viewer (with drag-and-drop): This release doubles the features available earlier!!! Some of them are Improved UI, gallery view, drag-and-drop, rename file names, delete attachments, attach to email, view attachments from related records etc.