Microsoft has released In-App Notification feature (part of Release Wave 2 – 2021) for Model Driven Apps which is still in public preview (as of Oct 9, 2021) .
This feature allows the configuration of In-App notifications that pops out for users in the notification center while working in their model driven web apps.
Since this feature is still in-preview… So to start using it…you first need to enable it…
The present documented approach is to do it programmatically…
A much easier way to enable this feature has been recently added in Zap Notifications Generator App.
As shown in screenshot above… You can easily enable/disable this feature for your apps by just toggling the switch!
Once done…click the Save button!
Zap Notifications Generator App allows bulk generation of In-App Notifications (Bell Notifications): onDemand, based on Triggers Or based on Recurring pattern + Form Notifications + Email Notifications!
This blog is part of our series “Introducing Zap Notifications Generator App for Dynamics 365 Sales, Customer Service & Power Apps”.
Below are links for all blogs in this series:
Blog 1: Enable/Disable In-App Notifications feature (link)
Blog 2: Generate In-App Notifications in Bulk for multiple users / teams (link)
Blog 3: Some common user-scenarios for using In-App Notifications (link)
Blog 4: Generate In-App Notifications automatically as per Recurring Schedule (link)
Blog 5: How to insert record field values within the In-App Notification message (link)
Blog 6: How to generate In-App Notification from Power Automate / Flow (link)
Zap Recent Updates (Oct 2021)
1. New App Released: Zap Notifications Generator App has been released. This App uses the new Dynamics 365 In-App Notifications feature that was released as part of Release Wave 2, 2021. (Please note that On-Premise users who do not have this Wave 2 feature can also use our Notifications App!)
2. New Version Released: Zap Report Scheduler App (v 22.214.171.124):
Now use Power Automate to Export Report to Excel / PDF documents!
3. New App Released: Zap Audit User Actions App: Boost User Adoption by Easily tracking User Logins and Actions (Create / Update / Delete / Qualify / Opp Won/ Case Resolved / Task Completed etc)! This App will also be part of Zap All-in-One Subscription!
4. Next Major version of Zap Helpdesk App will be released in Dec 21… there are tons of new features being added!!
5. New Version Released: Zap Email Parser App (v 126.96.36.199):
1. Ability to define a configuration as default configuration. So if none of the filter conditions match then you can have this default configuration executed.
2. Added support for Dynamic date values when creating parsing rules (e.g. automatically populating current date or current date + X days)