Problem Area: In Timeline View, all images inside E-Mail are removed from the body and added as attachments. So when going through an email which has multiple images inline in email body… we need to download every single attachment to view it. This is not only cumbersome process but we also lose the context of the image because the text that was put in the body around the image is lost when viewing as an attachment. (Reference: This problem area has also been logged in experience.dynamics.com)
New Comment (Dec 12, 2019): I was notified by a reader that this is a known issue and will be addressed by MSFT in March 2020 release
Solution: Here Zap Objects: Email Reader App can help!
Zap Objects: Email Reader App provides Outlook-like interface to read emails within Dynamics 365 forms. The reading pane allows easy reading of the email contents without the need to open up each email record!
The images are shown inline in email body (in the reading pane)! (as shown in screenshot below:)
Benefits of using Email Reader App:
- Outlook like familiar interface with Reading Pane
- Can easily go through all emails with fewer clicks
- Multiple filter options (like Date Range, Sent/Received Status, Owner, Regarding, etc)
- Images shown inline in email body (in the reading pane)
- Copy/Pasting data from email body easier (some of our Customers have reported this issue when using Timeline View)
- No annoying messages like “Email has been blocked due to …”
- Can Roll-Up emails even from child Custom entities to Parent record
- Selectable filtering of emails from Child records (for example you can filter emails for only Open Opportunities to be shown in Account record)
Below are some useful links to get started quickly:
Demo : Walkthrough of using Email Reader App: link
Store Page: https://zapobjects.com/apps/zap-email-reader/
Support Page: https://support.zapobjects.com/
Please feel free to email email@example.com if you have any questions.
To explore all our apps: https://zapobjects.com/
Latest updates from Zap Objects (Dec 2019):
Zap All-in-One Combo Plan: Get best value by subscribing to our Zap All-in-One Plan! Our Next App will be released in Jan 2020 (details to follow soon).
- Released 9.0 build which is compatible with Unified Interface. You can download the latest file from AppSource.
- Bulk Copy feature added: Now you can select multiple records in View and Clone/Copy/Duplicate in single click!
- Now Schedule Multiple Excel Templates to receive in single email
- Now even Schedule Views to receive in email or Save to SharePoint
- Workflow Capability now extended even to Word Templates (not just reports) to send Documents (PDF/Word) in email or save to Sharepoint or save to notes.
- Reading pane data now working asynchronously which drastically reduces the loading time!
- Emails are retrieved not just based on Regarding field but also participant list (was most requested feature for Contact related emails)
Zap Helpdesk – Email to Case App
- Fixed bug related to extracting email address of sender (from email) when email domain contains numeric values(e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Released 9.0 build which is compatible with Unified Interface
Zap Calendar Pro
- Added ability to add Calendar to data from any entity along with Activities
- Released 9.0 build which is compatible with Unified Interface.
- Added lots of advanced features. For more information, email email@example.com
To explore all our Apps, check out: https://zapobjects.com/
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.