Zap Report Scheduler App can Schedule Dynamics 365 Reports / Views / Excel Templates to be received in email inline or as attachment OR saved to SharePoint OR saved to Notes!
Besides Scheduling, you could also use WORKFLOWS to: Generate Multiple* PDF/Excel Documents of the Report (Example Scenario: Emailing PDF copy of the invoice report to Customer when invoice changes to Paid status!) (for details, refer blog link)
In the latest release of Zap Report Scheduler App (Dec 2019), we have extended the Workflow capability even to Word Templates (not just Reports)!
Word Templates allows users to quickly generate Word documents with data (fields from entities and related entities) from Dynamics 365. They are essentially successor to Mail Merges and work in similar way. Typically Word Templates can be applied to one Dynamics 365 record at a time.
Let see how we can use the Workflow Capability of Zap Report Scheduler App to:
- Send Multiple Documents (Word/PDF) generated from Word Template in Email or
- Save to Notes or
- Save to SharePoint!
Step 1: Create the Word Template. Below screenshot shows a sample word template:
Step 2: Create Zap WF Word Template Configuration record
In this configuration record, we select:
- Entity, Multiple Word Templates that need to be Exported, File Names for the exported Documents, Document formats (Word/PDF)
- Action: Send in Email, Save to Notes, Save to SharePoint
Step 3: Create your Workflow and call the plugin step: Zap.Apps.ReportScheduler => Workflow.ExportWordTemplate. For detailed instructions, refer Zap Knowledge Base.
Based on the trigger point, the Workflow would execute and send the email with multiple PDF documents as attachment!
Latest updates from Zap Objects (Dec 2019):
Zap All-in-One Combo Plan: Get best value by subscribing to our Zap All-in-One Plan! Our Next App will be released in Jan 2020 (details to follow soon).
- Released 9.0 build which is compatible with Unified Interface. You can download the latest file from AppSource.
- Bulk Copy feature added: Now can select multiple records in View and Clone/Duplicate in single click!
- Now Schedule Multiple Excel Templates to receive in single email
- Now even Schedule Views to receive in email or Save to SharePoint
- Workflow Capability now extended even to Word Templates (not just reports) to send Documents (PDF/Word) in email or save to Sharepoint or save to notes.
- Reading pane data now working asynchronously which drastically reduces the loading time!
- Emails are retrieved not just based on Regarding field but also participant list (was most requested feature for Contact related emails)
- Fixed bug related to extracting email address of sender (from email) when email domain contains numeric values(e.g. email@example.com)
- Released 9.0 build which is compatible with Unified Interface
Zap Calendar Pro
- Added ability to add Calendar to data from any entity along with Activities
- Released 9.0 build which is compatible with Unified Interface.
- Added lots of advanced features. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore all our Apps, check out: https://zapobjects.com/
Feel free to email email@example.com if you have any questions.