A very common requirement when using Dynamics 365 Sales & Customer Service has been to generate invoice through Power Automate OR Workflow and sending it to Customer automatically via email.
This can be easily achieved using Zap Report Scheduler App!
Zap Report Scheduler App allows scheduling Reports (PDF, Excel), Views, Excel Templates (Multiple Excel files in Email), Word Document Templates (Multiple Word Docs) + Save to SharePoint + Send Multiple Reports in Email using Power Automate / Workflow + Export Report (Manual) & Auto-attach to email!
Lets first look in to the final outcome of this use-case which is the email sent to Customer with pdf copy of the invoice when invoice status changes to paid and then understand the essential elements of this solution.
Below shows screenshot of Sample Email sent to Customer with Invoice PDF:
Lets go through the steps needed to achieve the above:
Step 1: Create Invoice Report: You can create the custom Report using “Report Wizard” or a more advanced SSRS Report using Visual Studio Tool that could be used for generating the PDF document.
Step 2: Create “Trigger Report Multiple” configuration record: This record contains the necessary information required to perform the below actions:
a. Generate email with invoice pdf as attachment
b. Attach report to notes
c. Save report to SharePoint
Step 3 A: Use Power Automate/Flow to trigger this process
Step 3 B: Use Workflow to trigger this process:
For more information regarding Zap SSRS Report Scheduler App or to take trial, refer: https://zapobjects.com/apps/zap-ssrs-report-scheduler/
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
To view all Zap Apps, check-out: https://zapobjects.com/
Latest Updates from Zap Objects (Oct 2021):
1. New App Released: Zap Audit User Actions: Boost User Adoption by Easily tracking User Logins and Actions (Create / Update / Delete / Qualify / Opp Won/ Case Resolved / Task Completed etc)!
This App will also be part of Zap All-in-One Subscription!
2. Next Major version of Zap Helpdesk App will be released in Oct 21… there are tons of new features being added!!
3. Next Major version of Zap Notifications / Alerts App will be released in Nov 21.
4. New Version Released: Zap Report Scheduler App (v 188.8.131.52):
1. 1-Click Export of Report to PDF/Excel & Auto-Attach to Email (from Entity Form)
2. Bug fix for allowing special characters in email address (when adding email recipients for scheduling)
3. Now supports even Hourly Scheduling
4. Ability to Schedule Workflows on selected records!
5. Now use Power Automate to generate PDF documents
5. New Version Released: Zap Email Parser App (v 184.108.40.206):
1. Ability to define a configuration as default configuration. So if none of the filter conditions match then you can have this default configuration executed.
2. Added support for Dynamic date values when creating parsing rules (e.g. automatically populating current date or current date + X days)
For questions regarding any Zap App, email email@example.com.