Zap Report Scheduler App can Schedule Dynamics 365 Reports / View to be received in email inline or as attachment OR saved to SharePoint OR saved to Notes!
Besides Scheduling, you could also use WORKFLOWS to:
- Generate PDF/Excel of the Report OnDemand!
(Example Scenario: Emailing PDF copy of the invoice report to Customer when invoice changes to Paid status!) (for details, refer blog link)
- Generate PDF/Word Document from multiple Word Templates and send it in single email!
We are happy to let you know that we have now added even “Scheduling Excel Template ” feature to Zap Report Scheduler App! (Nov 2019).
Presently “Excel Templates” are the most powerful Reporting Tool available in Dynamics 365 CE/CRM!
Below screenshot shows a sample “Sales Pipeline Management” Excel template created.
Advantages of using Excel Templates:
- Can be easily created out-of-box – Dont need technical development expertise
- Simple (tabular) to advanced reporting capabilities (grouping/sorting/excel formulas/ Pivots/ Charts)can be added
- No need to setup Outlook client which is mandatory to use Dynamic Spreadsheets.
- Data is shown based on user permissions
The best part is that you can configure multiple Excel Templates using Zap Report Scheduler App and have them received in email or saved to SharePoint based on the Recurring Schedule!
Lets consider a use-case where we need to Schedule “Pipeline Management Report” AND “Open Cases Report” on weekly basis to the Team.
Step 1: Build the Excel Template/s with the needed data and visualizations.
Please note that the data in excel template is generated dynamically from the View that you select.
Step 2: Schedule the excel template/s using Zap Report Scheduler App
Outcome: Reports received in email as attachment (multiple excel files):
Using Zap Report Scheduler App you can:
- Schedule Reports
- Schedule Views (for details refer blog link)
- Schedule Excel Templates
- Plus Document Automation Custom Workflows to Send Reports in Email
We recommend using Excel templates Scheduling when you need to perform complex analytics using Excel or Need to send multiple reports (excel files) in single email!
Latest updates from Zap Objects (Nov 2019):
Zap All-in-One Combo Plan: Get best value by subscribing to our Zap All-in-One Plan! Our Next App will be released in December 2019 (details to follow soon).
- Now Schedule Multiple Excel Templates to receive in single email
- Now even Schedule Views to receive in email or Save to SharePoint
- Reading pane data now working asynchronously which drastically reduces the loading time!
- Emails are retrieved not just based on Regarding field but also participant list (was most requested feature for Contact related emails)
- Fixed bug related to extracting email address of sender (from email) when email domain contains numeric values(e.g. email@example.com)
- Released 9.0 build which is compatible with Unified Interface
- Released 9.0 build which is compatible with Unified Interface. You can download the latest file from AppSource.
Zap Calendar Pro
- Added ability to add Calendar to data from any entity along with Activities
- Released 9.0 build which is compatible with Unified Interface.
- Added lots of advanced features. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore all our Apps, check out: https://zapobjects.com/
Feel free to email email@example.com if you have any questions.