Zap Report Scheduler App can Schedule Dynamics 365 Views / Reports / Excel Templates to be received in email inline or as attachment OR saved to SharePoint OR saved to Notes!
Besides Scheduling, you could also use WORKFLOWS / FLOWS to:
- Generate PDF/Excel of the Report automatically based on Trigger:
(Example Scenario: Emailing PDF copy of the invoice report to Customer when invoice changes to Paid status!) (for details, refer blog link)
- Generate PDF/Word Document from multiple Word Templates and send it in single email!
Additionally, the app also provides a 1-Click Export functionality that allows you to export a report to PDF and attach in email… all in just 1-Click (from any entity form) (For details, refer blog)
In this blog, we will go through the “View Scheduling” feature of Zap Report Scheduler App
We have found that many of PowerApps / Dynamics 365 Users are more comfortable in using Views than Reports. This is because Views can be easily created or modified in few clicks…using the “Advanced Find” feature!
Also this requires no additional support from your IT Support team…any user can achieve this in few clicks!!!
Lets consider a scenario where you need to send the “Opportunity Nearing Close Date” Report to your Sales Team on weekly basis…with each sales user receiving information for only their opportunities
Step 1: Create the Opportunity View with filter for “Est. Close date in Next 7 days” and “Owner Equals Current User”
Step 2: Configure Report Scheduler record: => Select Entity & View => Create Recurring Schedule => Select the Users who need to receive this report on weekly basis.
Outcome: Report received in email – Inline / Attachment based on settings
For more details, check out Zap Report Scheduler App features page.
To view all Dynamics 365 apps, check-out our homepage: https://zapobjects.com/
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to schedule a demo!
Zap Recent Updates (Jul 2022)
1. New App Released: Zap Case Time Entry App: Track and log time spent by support agents on cases directly from Case form (either using built in Timer functionality or manually add Start & End Times or duration)!
The next version which will have timesheet management functionality will be released in Aug 2022!
2. New Version Released: Zap Helpdesk App (v18.104.22.168) :A super major version of Zap Helpdesk has now been released. Some of the new features are: Case History, Email Reply – with ability to include full email and portal history in all new responses to customer, dedicated notifications module with all standard set of notifications built-in, Email Commands, and many more!
3. New Version Released: Zap Report Scheduler App (v 22.214.171.124):
1. When scheduling Excel or Word Template…user can now select even “Shared” personal excel template and “Shared” personal View
2. Automatic Retry for Report Generation using “Schedule Report” option: If due to any reason (eg report server busy), report generation fails… then we provide the option to retry report execution again after 1 minute… and then again if it fails then after 10 minutes. This retry mechanism would guarantee 99.99% delivery.