By setting up Email-to-Case in Dynamics 365 for Customer Service, you can automatically convert an incoming email to Case. This way all emails sent by customer to your support queue would be converted as cases.
We have observed that customers occasionally send emails directly to the support in-charge (eg email@example.com), instead of generic company support mailbox (eg firstname.lastname@example.org)
The simplest and the most obvious way is to forward that email (received from customer) to your support mailbox. This way the email will be tracked in Dynamics 365 and also new case would be created (by email-to-case). However since the email was forwarded from your mailbox (and not from customer’s ), the resulting Case does not get linked to the original customer…and so new case creation email notification is not sent to them.
How can Zap Helpdesk – Email to Case App help?
Zap Helpdesk – Email to Case App is the most comprehensive Helpdesk App built for Dynamics 365 for Customer Service platform. The app has a built-in advanced algorithm that handles a forwarded email. This feature is called as “Forward to Create New Case”…
“Forward to Create New Case” allows creation of new case by forwarding the customer email to support mailbox. Zap Helpdesk then intelligently retrieves the customer email address from the forwarded email body and links the case to the original customer!
How does “Forward to New Case” feature works?
To forward an existing email to create a new case and automatically link the case to the original customer: prefix a marker (eg “FW:”) in the email subject.
Below is sample email with marker:
email subject: FW: laptop not starting up
From: Dan Cary [mailto:email@example.com]
Zap Helpdesk App will identify the marker (“FW:”) in this email subject + check to see that this email is from someone in your company domain…interpret this as “Forward to New Case feature”…and then perform below tasks:
- Create a Case with case title: laptop not starting up
- Extract the Customer email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) from email body and then link the Case.Customer to a matching account/contact based on the configuration settings.
- Send new case creation email notification to customer (email@example.com)
Out-of-box email-to-case is very basic in terms of functionality that it offers. Zap Helpdesk – Email to Case App has tons and tons of features and can help you in providing a rich customer support experience.
To view all Dynamics 365 apps, check-out our homepage: https://zapobjects.com/
For more details regarding Zap Helpdesk App, check out Helpdesk App features page.
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to schedule a demo!
Zap Recent Updates (Jul 2022)
1. New App Released: Zap Case Time Entry App: Track and log time spent by support agents on cases directly from Case form (either using built in Timer functionality or manually add Start & End Times or duration)!
The next version which will have timesheet management functionality will be released in Aug 2022!
2. New Version Released: Zap Helpdesk App (v126.96.36.199) :A super major version of Zap Helpdesk has now been released. Some of the new features are: Case History, Email Reply – with ability to include full email and portal history in all new responses to customer, dedicated notifications module with all standard set of notifications built-in, Email Commands, and many more!
3. New Version Released: Zap Report Scheduler App (v 188.8.131.52):
1. When scheduling Excel or Word Template…user can now select even “Shared” personal excel template and “Shared” personal View
2. Automatic Retry for Report Generation using “Schedule Report” option: If due to any reason (eg report server busy), report generation fails… then we provide the option to retry report execution again after 1 minute… and then again if it fails then after 10 minutes. This retry mechanism would guarantee 99.99% delivery.