Zap Helpdesk Email-to-Case Solution provides a very powerful Email-to-Case functionality which has been built on top-of Dynamics 365 for Customer Service platform.
To get a high level overview of the Email-to-Case Support process using Dynamics 365 Customer Service, please refer our earlier blog: How to design a support process (email-to-case) when using Dynamics 365 for Customer Service?
In this blog, we talk about it’s “Email Parsing” (Web to Case) feature: (Please note that if you are looking for WEB-TO-LEAD then please check out our Zap Email Parser App)
Let’s understand the Web-to-Case Email Parsing Use-Case:
Along with providing Support Email channel (firstname.lastname@example.org), you may also have a “Support Request” page on your website. When user fills in the page, you may be receiving an auto-generated email with the customer issue details.
Now using Helpdesk “Email Parsing” feature, you can directly have this email parsed and create Case record in Dynamics 365…with all important case fields automatically populated with the issue details.
All you got do is create “parsing rules” in Helpdesk App configuration section.
A Parsing Rule is a collection of simple instructions which tells our algorithm what kind of data you want to pull out from your emails. Typically you’ll create multiple parsing rules, one for each data field that you need to populate in Case record(e.g. customer, description, case title, case priority, etc.).
Please note that you can create multiple parsing configurations and each could have its own parsing rules. These rules can be applied to email only when they match the filter criteria (eg sender email, sender email domain or email subject)… So basically parsing can be selectively applied to incoming email!
Another use-case could be: You may be receiving structured email data from some legacy system and would like to automatically create a support case! Here too the email parsing feature would be helpful!
To take free trial of Zap Helpdesk – Email to Case Solution, refer: https://zapobjects.com/apps/zap-helpdesk/
For list of all Zap Dynamics 365 Apps, check out: https://zapobjects.com/
Zap Recent Updates (Oct 2022)
1. New App Released: Zap Case Time Entry App: Track and log time spent by support agents on cases directly from Case form (either using built in Timer functionality or manually add Start & End Times or duration)!
The next version which will have timesheet management functionality will be released in Jan 2023!
2. New Version Released: Zap Helpdesk App (v18.104.22.168) :A super major version of Zap Helpdesk has now been released. Some of the new features are: Case History, Email Reply – with ability to include full email and portal history in all new responses to customer, dedicated notifications module with all standard set of notifications built-in, Email Commands, and many more!
3. New Version Released: Zap Report / View Scheduler App (v 22.214.171.124):
1. When scheduling Excel or Word Template…user can now select even “Shared” personal excel template and “Shared” personal View
2. Automatic Retry for Report Generation using “Schedule Report” option: If due to any reason (eg report server busy), report generation fails… then we provide the option to retry report execution again after 1 minute… and then again if it fails then after 10 minutes. This retry mechanism would guarantee 99.99% delivery.