In the context of Customer Service / Case Management, how do you achieve that your support agents see updates on Cases?
For example, if an email was received for a case OR some user added a note OR case priority was changed to high OR case status was changed OR new portal comment was added. Then where to check these case updates? Presently there is no easy way to view all these case updates!
Lets see how Zap Helpdesk can help!
Zap Objects – Helpdesk App is the most comprehensive Customer Service Support solution built on Dynamics 365 for Customer Service platform.
Zap Helpdesk has 4 different functionalities in reference to providing these Case Updates:
- Recent Case Updates Panel (available globally)
- Case History Panel (within Case Form)
- Built-In Email / In-App Notification to instantly notify of certain case updates
- Email Command to receive Complete Case History/update in email
Approach 1: Recent Case Updates Panel (Latest feature – added Sep 2022):
Below shows screenshot of “Recent Case Updates Panel” added to Dashboard:
Here you can see all Case Updates like:
- Notes Added
- Email Sent by Support Team (+ if opened by Customer – zap helpdesk is compatible with dynamics 365 email engagement feature)
- Email Received
- Field Changes (eg Case Status changed from New to In-Progress OR Case Priority changed from Low to High…. Please note that you can configure which fields in Case to be tracked)
- Automated Email Notifications which were sent to Customer
- Portal Comments Added
Below are some points to note regarding Case Updates Panel:
- You can configure which all update types to track.
- Users can dismiss each notification one-by-one or all at once! We track dismissed notifications at user level.
- Updates can be filtered by Case View (E.g.: My Active Cases) + Update Type + Date-Range
- Update Types are color coded – these can be configured in Global Settings.
This is a Beta functionality which has been just released – and we plan to keep on improving this feature!
Approach 2: Case History Panel (within Case Form)
Zap Helpdesk App adds Case History Panel within the Case form. For more details, refer blog: View Case field changes, Clean email conversations, portal comments using newly introduced “History” section in Case form when using Zap Helpdesk App for Dynamics 365 for Customer Service
Approach 3: Built-In Email / In-App Notification to instantly notify of certain case updates
Zap Helpdesk can notify automatically when an email is received regarding an existing Case OR new portal comment added by Customer. This is achieved using the Notification Module built in Zap Helpdesk App. There are more than 20 types of built-in notifications which you can easily switch on/off.
Approach 4: Email Command to receive Complete Case History/update in email
Email commands allows you to perform activities on Case directly from your inbox! For more details, refer blog: Now Manage Cases directly from your Outlook using Email Commands feature of @ZapObjects Helpdesk App for Dynamics 365 for Customer Service (link)
There is an email command (#ec #getallhistory) also to receive the full Case History in email. Any support agent can send this email command to Dynamics 365 using email and receive full case history!
Thus we can see that Support Agents can easily track the Case updates using any/all of the above approaches that Zap Helpdesk offers.
For more details regarding Helpdesk App, check out Helpdesk App features page.
To see how we have designed our Support Process using Zap Helpdesk App refer this blog!
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to schedule a demo!