Zap Helpdesk App is the most comprehensive Customer Service solution built on Dynamics 365 for Customer Service platform!
We had found that lot of our Helpdesk Customers are more comfortable in responding to Customer responses for Cases from Outlook… rather than from with Dynamics 365 CE App…
Keeping this requirement in mind, we decided to introduce “Email Commands” feature for Helpdesk App!
Email Commands in Zap Helpdesk App lets you perform activities on a Case directly from your email inbox, without having to login to your Dynamics 365.
For example, you could perform activities such as changing the case status, assigning it to a different agent, adding a note, responding to Requestor with full chain of conversation history, getting case history etc.
Let’s say if you need to assign a Case to a different user…then all you got to do is send email to your support mailbox (e.g. email@example.com)… with email command as: #ec #assign Allison.
Another use-case can be of responding to Customer from personal inbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) but have the actual email sent over by Helpdesk App to Customer from Generic Support Address (email@example.com)…this can be achieved using Email Command “#response”. For more details, refer blog link
Please note the below points regarding email commands:
- Subject of the email needs to have Case Number…(it can have other text too in email subject… all we look for is the case number in the subject and ignore the rest of the text)…
- Email command needs to be the first text in email body.
- You can use multiple email commands within the email body.
- Helpdesk App checks for email commands only for emails received from within the internal domain or email addresses (which you specify in “Additional Case Settings”)
For more details regarding Helpdesk App, check out Helpdesk App features page.
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to schedule a demo!
Zap Recent Updates (Mar 2022)
1. New App Released: Zap Case Time Entry App: Track and log time spent by support agents on cases directly from Case form (either using built in Timer functionality or manually add Start & End Times or duration)!
2. New Version Released: Zap Helpdesk App (v220.127.116.11) :A super major version of Zap Helpdesk has now been released. Some of the new features are: Case History, Email Reply – with ability to include full email and portal history in all new responses to customer, dedicated notifications module with all standard set of notifications built-in, Email Commands, and many more!
3. New Version Released: Zap Report Scheduler App (v 18.104.22.168):
1. When scheduling Excel or Word Template…user can now select even “Shared” personal excel template and “Shared” personal View
2. Automatic Retry for Report Generation using “Schedule Report” option: If due to any reason (eg report server busy), report generation fails… then we provide the option to retry report execution again after 1 minute… and then again if it fails then after 10 minutes. This retry mechanism would guarantee 99.99% delivery.