In Microsoft Dynamics 365 CE / Power Apps, you can attach documents (or any other file) to notes (one attachment per note can be attached). Further, you can also track sent and received emails to the record (account/ case or any other entity) which may also have attachments.
Now there is no summarized view where you could see all the attachments linked to this record. The attachments could be in notes, linked emails and portal comments.
To view attachments, you may have to patiently scroll through the timeline view of the record … hide/unhide email threads …and may probably could get lost !
This is such a waste of precious time which your sales team could have utilized for selling or your support team for offering better customer service.
Here Zap Objects – Attachment Viewer App (with drag-and-drop) can help!
Zap Attachment Viewer offers a consolidated view of all attachments from notes, emails as well as portal comments in a single place within the Dynamics form. Besides you could easily drag-and-drop multiple files which could be added to the notes in a single click!
Below screenshot shows the attachment viewer section added to the case form:
Below are some of the key features:
- Detailed View
Attachment Viewer consolidates the attachments from notes, tracked emails as well as portal comments in to one single place. This is shown in a nice tabular view where you could easily sort and filter!
- Gallery View
A gallery view of all attachments with carousal like scrolling for easy preview of the attachments.
- Preview Attachments
Preview attachment without the need to download them. Further you also have the ability to resize the preview to full screen! (which cannot be done out-of-box). To preview attachment… click on the filename.
Please note that only files of type: image, pdf, text can be previewed.
- Rename Attachments
You can now easily rename file attachments which have been added to notes.
- Delete unwanted attachments easily
Ability to bulk delete attachments – of course controlled by Dynamics 365 permissions.
- Email Attachments
Users can easily select the attachments and have them attached to an email in a single click!
- Drag and Drop
Easily upload multiple files using Drag-and-drop to notes of any entity record.
Below screenshot shows the gallery view:
Below screenshot shows how we preview a pdf file without the need to downloading:
No more wasting of time, clicking through each email / notes for finding attachments… just install the attachment viewer app for a better user experience!
For list of all our apps, refer https://zapobjects.com/
Latest Updates from Zap Objects (Nov 2022):
1. Completely Revamped: Zap Attachment Viewer (with drag-and-drop): This release doubles the features available earlier!!! Some of them are Improved UI, gallery view, drag-and-drop, rename file names, delete attachments, attach to email etc.
2. New App Released: Zap Case Time Entry App: Track and log time spent by support agents on cases directly from Case form (either using built in Timer functionality or manually add Start & End Times or duration)!
The next version which will have timesheet management functionality will be released in Jan 2023!
3. New Version Released: Zap Helpdesk App (v220.127.116.11) :A super major version of Zap Helpdesk has now been released. Some of the new features are: Case History, Email Reply – with ability to include full email and portal history in all new responses to customer, dedicated notifications module with all standard set of notifications built-in, Email Commands, and many more!
4. New Version Released: Zap Report / View Scheduler App (v 18.104.22.168):
1. When scheduling Excel or Word Template…user can now select even “Shared” personal excel template and “Shared” personal View
2. Automatic Retry for Report Generation using “Schedule Report” option: If due to any reason (eg report server busy), report generation fails… then we provide the option to retry report execution again after 1 minute… and then again if it fails then after 10 minutes. This retry mechanism would guarantee 99.99% delivery.