In Microsoft Dynamics 365 CE for Sales and Customer Service, you can attach documents (or any other file) to notes (one attachment per note can be attached).
Further, you can also track sent and received emails to the record (lead / case or any other entity) which may also have attachments.
Now in-order to view / access the attachments, below are the typical steps:
- From within the entity form, open a email record
- Scroll to the attachments area
- Finally click to download the attachment
Repeat the above steps through all the tracked emails (or linked notes) until you can find the attachment that you are looking for…
This is such a waste of precious time which your sales team could have utilized for selling or your support team for offering better customer service.
Here Zap Objects – Attachment Viewer App can help!
Zap Attachment Viewer offers a consolidated view of all attachments from sent /received emails as well as notes in a single place within the Dynamics form.
Below screenshot shows the attachment viewer section added to the case form:
The attachments are shown nicely sorted by created-on date. Further, you can also sort the records, by clicking on the column header.
To download any attachment, click on the attachment name.
To open the linked email or notes, click on the subject name.
You can further filter the attachments in the list by selecting the email in the drop-down list!
Also, you can easily preview the attachments too: (PDF and Images are supported for preview)
No more wasting of time, clicking through each email / notes for finding attachments… just install the attachment viewer app for a better user experience!
Now we have also added the attachment preview functionality in another Zap App: Zap Email Reader App…
Zap Email Reader App provides an Outlook like reading interface right within Dynamics 365 CE / Power Apps (Model-Driven). The reading pane allows easy reading of the email contents without the need to open up each email record!
For list of all our apps, refer https://zapobjects.com/
Latest Updates from Zap Objects (Oct 2020):
- New App Released: Zap Case Time Tracker (Free): Track and log time spent by support agents directly on Case form.
- New App Release: Zap Notifications/Alerts: Create Announcements,Trigger-based Notification(Case\Lead assigned), Recurring Notification, Form Based Notification!
- New Build Released: Zap Report Scheduler: Now works with Power Apps (Model-Driven) too! (Schedule Reports, Views, Excel Templates + Generate & Email PDF/Excel of Reports or Document Template using Workflows)
- Most Zap Apps now work with Power Apps as well as Dynamics 365 CE! For list of all Zap Apps, check out: https://zapobjects.com/