When using Dynamics 365 for Customer Service, you can configure “Record Creation and Updation Rules” to automatically create case when an email is sent to your company’s email addresses, such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a great feature that reduces the manual task of case creation and helps companies streamline their support process.
Challenges when using out-of-box Email-to-Case process:
- Email body text is not copied over to case description
- Email response from customer does not always track back to case
- Spam emails cannot be stopped from case creation
- No easy way to troubleshoot when a case did not get created…or got created when the email was regarding an existing open case…
Here Zap Object’s : Helpdesk – Email to Case App can help!
Zap Helpdesk – Email to Case App is the most comprehensive helpdesk App for Dynamics 365.
Some of the features are:
- Easy configuration process
- Copy email-body to Case description
- Quick reply using Canned comments from Case form
- Automatic tracking of all email communication (by removing case number from email subject)
- Forward to Create New Case
- Email spam protection
- Automatic Case assignment
And many more…
For more information, refer Zap Helpdesk – Email to Case App features page.
Getting started with Zap Helpdesk App is quite easy and all you got to do is create a configuration record! Here is the link for youtube demo video which explains the steps needed in setting up email-to-case using Zap Helpdesk App:
For questions, comments or feedback, email email@example.com.